Splash Damage is planning to give their multiplayer shooter Brink
a face-lift this summer. They've got free DLC and title updates planned for the coming weeks.
"Agents of Change", the game's first DLC, will be free for two weeks through Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam. If you download the content during that time period, you'll be able to play it forever for no charge. However, after those two weeks have elapsed, you'll need to shell out money for the DLC. The price wasn't disclosed.
Sony and Microsoft have yet to sign off on "Agents of Change" but Splash Damage expects it to be released in early July. "Agents" adds two new environments, two outfits, five player abilities, and two weapon attachments. Here's a run-down on the new content:
New Player Abilities
- Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.<
- Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Weapon Attachments
- UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
- Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
- Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
- Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
- Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Character Outfits
- Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
- Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
- The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
- The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.
Splash Damage is also prepping a major title update for the console versions of Brink
. The update, which will arrive alongside "Agents," will optimize online play, improve AI, and make some changes to weapon balance. The PC version will receive these fixes via smaller, incremental patches. One such patch is live starting today.
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In