ZeniMax Online Studios managed to sneak in one big patch for Elder Scrolls Online
before the game's official public launch
on Friday. Patch 1.0.1 removes many bugs which in some cases prevented players from progressing in the game.
The patch was rolled out on the North American and European megaservers on Wednesday. It was about 700MB so plan for some thumb-twiddling in your next ESO
After bringing the servers online, ZeniMax temporarily suspended the mail and guild features for the game. They appeared to be working again when I played this morning, though.
Elder Scrolls Online
has been open to early access players since Sunday. The patch addresses some issues that these early adopters have been facing. Jumping over objects while riding your horse should no longer dismount you. The fishing mini-game won't cause crashes anymore. Profanity filters have been fixed as well so you can't make explicit names anymore.
The more important fixes, though, are related to quests. There were a few bugs that were causing major headaches. For example, priestesses in "In the name of the Queen" would get stuck in the kneeling pose and prevent you from passing. The quest items for "Bloodthorn Assassins" were spawning at too slow of a rate for players to finish the objective. These problems and more have been solved with the patch.
The full patch notes for v1.0.1 are below. Don't bother looking for a mention of controller support because it's not there. You'll have to use a third-party app
to make a gamepad work with the game.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Combat & Gameplay
- Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable.
Crafting & Economy
- Reduced the percentage required to gain credit for a kill for healers that were healing an ally.
- Fixed an issue where you could get dismounted from your horse when jumping over various objects.
- Fixed an issue with fishing where the game client could crash.
- Fixed an issue where abilities with a cast time were not properly reducing your movement speed during casting.
- Fixed an issue where the monkey pet granted to beta testers occasionally had collision.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Fixed an issue where low-level players were being granted high-level food recipes. You should now receive recipes appropriate for your level.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue where the chest containing the portal to Crow’s Wood would occasionally get stuck in an open or closed position, and would prevent you from entering.
- A Son’s Promise: Fixed an issue in Crows’ Wood where Rulantaril's Construct would instantly respawn.
- Fixed an issue with Dark Anchors which could prevent monsters from spawning.
- You will no longer receive veteran rank swords from fishing in Stonefalls.
- Fixed an issue with the MacBook Air that was causing NPCs to multiply as you moved the camera around.
- In the name of the Queen: Fixed an issue in the quest where the priestesses at the Northern and Western ritual sites would occasionally get stuck in a kneeling pose, blocking your progress.
- New in Town: Malareth has been run out of Vulkhel Guard for the time being, but she vows to return at a later date. Those of you on this quest are advised to abandon the quest until she returns. Not completing this quest will not impact any achievements.
- Prove Your Worth: Fixed an issue where you would lose credit for dueling NPCs if other players interfered before the NPC could land a hit.
- Bloodthorn Assassins: Increased the respawn rate of suspicious cargo, plus the chance of the correct assassin spawning in the cargo.
- Legacy of Baelborne Rock: Tanchim now yells at only you when interacting with the rune, instead of everyone in the region, including most of Daggerfall City.
- Vale of the Guardians: Fixed an issue where the quest could get blocked if one of the monsters defending the Wyress got stuck.
- The Perils of Diplomacy: Added a map pin to the location of the Green Lady to resolve an issue where the red mist leading to her location was not visible.
- Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where the High King Emeric would occasionally not appear on the step “Meet High King Emeric.” You can now meet him!
- Death of Balreth: Fixed a couple of issues which were preventing you from containing the spirit at the end of the quest, blocking both completion and exit.
- Restoring the Guardians: Fixed an issue that was preventing Ragebinder and/or Blaze from appearing when summoned.
- Fixed an issue where you could not zoom in to look at your first character’s face in the character creation menu.
- The intro cinematic has been replaced with a new, higher quality version.
- There is now an option to play the intro cinematic any time you’d like to watch it again.
- The issue preventing chat and name filters from working has been fixed; chat and character names are now filtered for bad language. Please be aware that
- Customer Support may have to alter your character name if it breaks our naming requirements.
- Added a textual warning when deleting a character reminding you that items still attached to characters on deletion will be deleted. This includes items granted through pre-ordering, Imperial Editions, and beta rewards.
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In