Black Forest Games' successfully Kickstarted game, Giana Sisters, has received an official release date for PC and will also arrive on the PS3 and Xbox 360 next year. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is based on the old-school Commodore 64 title and will offer new-school gamers the chance to experience the Mario-style platformer.
Realistically, the new game is closer to Crystal Dynamics' Pandemonium than it is Mario, but no one really cares about that anyway. The main thing is that the game needs to be fun and needs to be exciting and needs to be fresh and unique, and based on the trailer below it certainly does fit the description.
The game was Kickstarted with $186,000 with an initial goal of $150,000. I assume they received a bit of publisher backing for the console releases considering that they haven't published any games for the Xbox 360 or PS3, and as well know with the Xbox 360 self-publishing is a no-no if you haven't already published a game on the console before or you don't have a three-game publishing contract.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is aimed at releasing on October 23rd for PC followed by a 2013 release for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
You can learn more about the game over at the Official Website.
Key features of the final game will include:
● Powerful Abilities: Giana moves through the dream according to her desires and mood. When confronted, she can hammer past or drift on by. You make the call.
● Intuitive Controls and Smooth Gameplay: Controlling Giana is a breeze, but you’ll eventually need every trick in her arsenal to defeat the cunning trials ahead.
● Amazing Worlds: Giana’s dream worlds leap off the screen with gorgeous 3D graphics and the fantastic alterations of the morph!
● Tons of Cool Interactions: As Giana changes, so does the world around her. Fly with bubblegum, ride conveyor belts, power along with repeaters, hop on springs, and even more.
● Legendary Soundtrack with Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy!
● Explore and Discover: There are 16 rich levels across 3 distinct worlds, each transforming into the two dream worlds. Giana’s dreams are abound with secret locations.
● Epic Boss Battles: Gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s most terrifying nightmares are here to play too. Seriously, these guys are just plain brutal!