Looks like the unique and original games (that are potentially fun) are actually starting to make their way onto the Wii. Graffiti Entertainment announced that Free Running, the Le Parkour extreme-sports action title for the PS2 and PSP is now heading to the Wii.
According to the press release…
Free Running is about ‘following your own way’ as founder Sébastien Foucan says. It’s about being at one with the environment, challenging yourself, maintaining and developing aesthetically positive, smooth and attractive moves and tricks as you progress through structures, buildings and urban areas.Sounds really cool, eh? Well I’m no fan of the Wii given it’s ill-responsive control system for precision gameplay but the concept of parkour on the Wii is about as cool a game concept as they come.
The game is due out in the fourth-quarter of 2009 for the Nintendo Wii. Some of the game’s features are listed below. For more information on Free Running for the Nintendo Wii, be sure to visit the Official Graffiti Entertainment Website. For more gaming news, updates and info, be sure to stay tuned in with Blend Games.
• Become the best Free Runner in the world once you’ve mastered the precision and flexibility of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers on the Wii to perform the most amazing tricks and moves.
• 60 unique challenges, over 10 levels in 3 environments; Urban Jungle, Docklands & Inner City.
• 9 different single and multiplayer modes including ‘Race’, ‘Trick’ and ‘Target’ modes.
• Completely free roaming gameplay – go anywhere, climb anything!
• Unlock New Characters, Clothes, Music and Tricks and Moves as you progress through the game.
• Dazzle yourself with stunning combinations of Tricks and Moves in some of the most dangerous and death-defying environments!
• Recreate your favourite Parkour and Free Running moves and techniques in exact detail!