Project CARS Junior Build Now Available
The WMD-powered, community supported simulation racing title from Slightly Mad Studios just received a new junior build update, adding additional realistic physics tweaks, force-feedback support and the 2011 Formula A racing car to the roster.
The game seems to be making rapid progress on a weekly basis, with a lot of the improvements showing up in trailers released by the community via a YouTube channel. Project C.A.R.S. by all accounts is one of the very best looking racing games I've ever seen and it makes complete and full use of the latest in graphics technology and visual effects. What's more is that the latest build now has hands on the steering wheels!
A complete list of some of the features in the latest Junior Build update can be viewed below. We'll definitely post up some new videos of the team's progress on the game as soon as they become available.
Project C.A.R.S. is scheduled for release later this year sometime near the end of 2012. The game will supposedly make its way onto PCs, PS3s and Xbox 360s as well, so keep your eyes peeled for the multiplatform release date(s). For more info feel free to visit the WMD Portal.
Key features include:
• Race up to 64 AI cars
• Ultra high detail car models
• Fully-adjustable AI
• Improved UI including controller and setup screens
• New liveries for various cars
• Multi-class racing
• More powerful Leaderboards system with web access
• Driver animations including leg and fingers micromovement
• Improved versions of various tracks
• Track map added to HUD
• Physics and graphics updates for various cars
• New legends driver model and helmet
• ...and much, much more
Back to top