Retro City Rampage Now Available
You've been waiting years for this one and now Vblank Entertainment's highly anticipated open-world, retro city action game is now available. You can pick up a digital copy of the game right now from participating e-tailers for the PS3 and PC.
The game's official launch trailer just went live yesterday, detailing all the retro gaming goodness from a bygone era. The game itself sees players taking on the role of a rampager who blasts, shoots, drives, jumps, hacks and slashes his way through various mini-games and redos of popular arcade and console classics from the 8-bit era.
The game also has open-world shops, buildings and casinos that players can visit at anytime, ala Grand Theft Auto. It's literally what a game like GTA Vice City might have been like during the NES era...if the NES was as powerful as the Commodore 64.
You can check out some of the game's features with the list below. If you grab a digital copy of the game off of Good Old Games and Steam you'll receive a 10% discount. Alternatively, you can pick up a copy of the game for the PlayStation 3 right now, or wait for the game to launch at a later date for the Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare platform. For more info feel free to visit the Official Website.
* An interactive open-world filled with shops, arcades and casino games.
* Over 60 Story Missions - Missions span every genre, from driving and shooting to stealth, rhythm, swimming, questing and more
* Over 40 Arcade Challenges - Quick pick-up-and-play action with leaderboard competition and replay sharing.
* Official Crossovers and Bonus Games - Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP: Runner, Epic Meal Time, Minecraft and more.
* Over 50 Vehicles to Drive and Equip - How about a skateboard with a rocket launcher or a shopping cart with nitro?
* Over 25 Weapons and Power-ups - From a bionic arm to a light gun, a boomerang to a “ghost busting” proton beam.
* Playable Characters and Cameos! - Play as characters from other games, as legendary game developers, TV personalities and celebrities.
* Customize your character with one of over 200 styles.
* 2.5+ Hours of Music (13 radio stations) - Critically acclaimed, IGF Nominated soundtrack by virt (Contra 4, Double Dragon: Neon) Freaky DNA (NBA Jam) and Norrin Radd. Available digitally, on CD and Vinyl.
* Video Filters Tube TV/Scanline/Dot-Matrix simulation (& some RED/BLUE 3D games)
* Color Modes – Make it more system accurate to various platforms from EGA and CGA to the NES, SMS, C64, Apple II and more.
* Leaderboards & Video Replays
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In
Load Other Comments
Back to top