You no longer have to get off your horse to kill dragons in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
. Patch 1.6 has arrived and it allows players to perform ranged and melee attacks while on their mount.
Patch 1.6 marks the debut of mounted combat in the Elder Scrolls
series. It should be valuable for chasing down dragons. It could also make fights against giants or dragons a bit trivial. Dodging their attacks on a horse seems like it would be trivial.
The trade-off, presumably, is that your horse doesn't attack enemies while you're mounted. That might be a bit of an adjustment for those of you who like to use Shadowmere as a bodyguard.
The update also polishes Skyrim
a bit further. It fixes some A.I. and crash issues. Bugs with Kinect and kill cams have also been addressed. The full patch notes are below.
- General stability and memory optimizations
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
- Fixed rare crash with lighting
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
Bethesda confirmed via Twitter
this morning that the update is now live on the Xbox 360. They made no mention of when it will be implemented on the PC and PS3. Bethesda beta tested
the patch on the
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In