Iceberg Interactive and TripeWire Studios have joined forces with the Swedish game development outfit, Teotl Studios, to bring the amazing single-player, first-person action-puzzle game, The Ball to retailer shelves across Europe. The game’s retail release will coincide with its digital distribution, which will be available to gamers the world around. So there’s no reason to feel like they’re being nepotic or anything.
Erik Schreuder, CEO at Iceberg Interactive commented in the press release about the partnership, saying…
"After bringing Killing Floor to European retail, we are delighted to be working together with Tripwire Interactive once again, this time on bringing to European retail the highly-anticipated Teotl Studios-game "The Ball", which is already enjoying a large fan-base in an extremely devoted Unreal community"The Ball will sport more than 6 hours of single-player, physics-based gameplay, which is kind of a lot for a project that originally started as a fan-made mod based on the Unreal Engine 3 tech. The graphics are quite amazing, too, pretty much being on par with a lot of newer high-end console games. Seriously, those guys have some wicked skill over there at Teotl Studios, and if the economy doesn’t kick e’m too hard in the gonads, they’ll have a long and fruitful career ahead of them.
The game will retail over in Europe for the budget-price of € 19.99, with the exception of Russia and Scandinavia…just because there’s some bad blood left over from Seven Years’ War. Anyway, the game is set to launch in the late fourth quarter of 2010. For more info be sure to visit the Official Website.
• Six hours of single-player adventure
• Game mechanics that are very simple to pick up, immersing the user in the physics-based gameplay right from the start
• 8 huge levels to explore
• Includes bonus Survival game mode, with 4 additional levels
• Wide range of enemies to overcome, including mummies, an undead gorilla and boss characters
• Unique vehicles – an underground train and the mysterious “Ball Chariot”
• More than 30 secrets hidden away to be discovered, as well as multiple achievements for the player to earn
• SteamworksTM features including achievements and leaderboards