Blizzard has revealed the system requirements for Wrath of the Lich King
, the upcoming second expansion to World of Warcraft
. Will your computer have a high enough Frost Resistance to survive the ship ride to the arctic continent Northrend?
- Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP1 (Windows 2000 no longer supported)
- Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1.5 GHz (up from 800 MHz Intel/AMD). Dual-core recommended.
- RAM: 512 MB/1 GB for Vista, same as before. 1 GB/2 GB recommended.
- Video: GPU with hardware transform and lighting and 32 MB VRAM, same as before. Recommended 128 MB VRAM.
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.3 no longer supported)
- PowerPC G5 1.6 GHz or Intel Core Duo. G4s are no longer supported. Intel 1.8 GHz recommended.
- RAM: 1 GB, up from 512 MB. 2 GB recommended.
- Video: Hardware transform and lighting, 64 MB VRAM. 128 MB VRAM recommended.
Assuming these are the minimums, they're a noticeable step up from the requirements of Burning Crusade
and the original WoW
. It's not an outrageous leap, though, and that's expected given how Blizzard wants to keep as much of its massive subscriber base as possible. Still, expect the fjords of Nothrend to be slightly shinier than you expected. Lich King
is due in stores on November 13th.
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In