Good Guy Vigil Fixes Darksiders 2 Bugs, Compatibility For PC
Author: William Usher
published: 2012-08-28 11:54:21
A new patch for the PC version of Darksiders II has been released via Steam. The patch, which clocks in at more than 500 meg, makes a number of changes to the game and adds more options for key bindings as well as fixes some Vsync problems that players have reported as being problematic shortly after the game's release.
Vigil dropped a silent patch yesterday for Darksiders II and then quickly took to the official community forums to explain what they patched, listing a few of the changes below.
PC Patch #2 Details:
• In this patch your key mappings will revert to defaults.
• Added Key Bindings option to the Pause Menu. (Previous location on the Moves List still there)
• The V-sync graphics option is now functional.
• Reaper Form now triggers correctly when using a Keyboard.
• Video Settings save to the Steam Cloud correctly.
• You can now sacrifice items below the 3rd row in the Possessed Weapon menu.
• Target Reticules align properly at all screen resolutions.
• Addressed crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.
• Various gameplay progressions fixes.
It looks like after announcing over the weekend that they would be fixing up the PC version, few people would have assumed it would have arrived just two days later, eh? Well, it arrived.
Supposedly, there will be yet another patch inbound to add more graphics tweaking options and further compatibility to give PC gamers a few more options to play the game the way it was meant to be played on PC.
Unfortunately, the patch for consoles is still a bit out given that usually they want to patch as much as possible in one outing to cut down on service fee costs (yes, devs have to pay MS/Sony fees for patches). Vigil says the patch to fix all patches will arrive within the next few weeks, where I imagine the progressive bug will be addressed along with a few other glitches. On the up-and-up, take note that Darksiders II plays relatively glitch-free and runs quite well even without the option to modify the graphics on PC.
You can pick up a copy of Darksiders II right now or head to the Official Website to learn more about the game.
Back to top