Iron Sky: Invasion Game Screenshots Look Like CG
Author: William Usher
published: 2012-09-06 13:50:24
We've come a long way where video game graphics are nearly on par to the CG in movies. For the upcoming space-sim based on the comedic movie of the same name, Iron Sky: Invasion, the game puts players in the cockpit of some of the most beautifully rendered spaceships ever, as the game and preps for a fall release.
Based on the action, space-comedy movie from Timo Vuorensola, Iron Sky is about Nazis launching a world wide assault from their moon base in space. It's a ridiculous premise but the art style and visual composition of the space craft and combat looks very snazzy.
DSO Gaming spotted the screenshots for the open-space, action simulator that enables players to pilot spacecraft, engage in zero gravity dogfights and help fend off the planet from space-zeppelins and aeronautic Nazis.
The game is taking full advantage of the latest in high-end visual technology, enabling support for 3D monitors and stereoscopic surround graphics. I imagine this game would look even better using the Oculus Rift.
Reality Pump also made use of the designs and props directly from the movie thanks to help from the special effects crew from the film production, this adds an extra layer of high fidelity visual effects to the overall atmosphere of the game's design.
You can check out some of the ships and action sequences in the new screenshots below. Iron Sky: Invasion is set for release on November 30th for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 across digital distributors and retail outlets. You can check out a list of the game's features below or visit the Official Website to learn more.
* Avant-garde gameplay - space flight and combat simulation with elements of RTS
* Unique game structure: with no division into single missions, “Iron Sky: Invasion” is one giant, open-world battle
* Non-stop action full of ship-to-ship dogfights and epic assaults on giant space Zeppelins
* Numerous enemy ship classes, from the mighty Valkyrie to the fearsome Götterdämmerung
* Diverse classes of ships which players can control, from space fighters to heavy bombers
* Multiple weapons, just like in the film: lasers, missiles and drones are just some examples of the vast arsenal at the players’ disposal
* Resource management: players can scavenge parts from destroyed spaceships, collecting precious elements for enhancements
* Energy management: players can transfer the ship’s power between engines, shields and weapons, depending on the needs of the moment
* Lots of upgrades: home station docking opens a user-friendly game economy, allowing players to access hundreds of ship upgrades
* Breathtaking 3-D universe filled with awe-inspiring effects to match those of the film, courtesy of the powerful GRACE2™ engine
Back to top