NBA Baller Beats Launches For Xbox Kinect Tomorrow
Author: William Usher
published: 2012-09-10 14:12:11
Majesco Entertainment has been ramping up promotion for their new Kinect title, NBA Baller Beats. The game features motion captured moves from real-life NBA basketball players and prompts players to use a real-life basketball in order to participate in the Kinect-driven sports action.
Deron Williams from the Brooklyn Nets had some words of marketing promotion to share about the game's launch, saying...
“NBA Baller Beats is really great for what it can do – getting players up and active. Even if you already play basketball it’s a fun way to get better and hone your skills,” ... “The game teaches you the fundamentals and makes you dribble while looking up at the screen, helping to improve your court vision which, for a lot of players, is a really difficult skill to master. Not only is it a fun game, but it can actually make you a better ball player.”
I don't know, didn't they say the same thing about Star Wars: Kinect? Something about being a better jedi if you played the game?
Anyway, the game looks rather lackluster in my humble opinion, but don't take that for much because I'm just not a bit fan of Kinect. The device seems to be a draw for cash-in titles. Not that I'm saying NBA Baller Beats is a cash-in title...I mean, it could be, but well, we'll know for sure by tomorrow when the reviews pour in.
The game basically encourages players to use a basketball to carry out rhythmic dribbling exercises and techniques. Just like most dancing games, players will have to follow on-screen cues to the beat, which is why Williams probably said that it could help with making a gamer a better ball player.
A list of the game's features can be viewed below. There game is rated E10+ for everyone over the age of 10. You'll probably really want to read some reviews before picking this game up, though. You can learn more by visiting the Official Website.
NBA Baller Beats Features:
· NBA Baller Beats - The first ever full body motion-based NBA video game that lets you perform like a pro using a real basketball.
· NBA Baller Beats will come packaged with an official NBA game ball replica from Spalding®.
· Bounce the ball to the beat of 30 licensed tracks that span across decades and genres including hip-hop, rock and old school classics.
· From novice to pro, every baller can raise their game with three difficulty levels available on every song: Rookie, Pro, and Baller.
· The game challenges players to master ball-handling skills by dribbling and performing moves including crossovers, pump fakes, flow dribble and more.
· Train alongside your favorite NBA franchise unlocking songs, difficulty levels, environment accessories, over 100 posters and Panini’s 2012 NBA HOOPS trading cards that showcase NBA players’ greatest moves.
· Master different baller moves and increase your stamina in single player mode, break it down and practice different skills in Move School mode or show-off in multiplayer mode and go head-to-head against up to 8 players – the highest score wins bragging rights.
· Show-off your baller skills as the Kinect camera takes pictures that you can upload and share on Facebook.
Back to top