Space Quest Creators Take To KickStarter For New Project
Author: William Usher
published: 2012-05-09 14:09:20
Tentatively titled "SpaceVenture" from the Two Guys From Andromeda, both Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe are getting back into the thick of it after a 20 year hiatus from the game development circle, but they need your help.
The Two Guys From Andromeda recently made it known that they were getting back together for a big project (or rather, a big project in the indie world but a small project in comparison to the rest of mainstream gaming) and just recently both Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe took to KickStarter to explain how they want to bring a nostalgic-driven space-adventure to gamers.
In a lengthy seven minute video, Murphy and Crowe are joined by a few veteran voice actors who would also like to take part in the project to offer old-school gamers some classic experiences for today's generation of gaming, as well as offer unschooled new-school gamers a look at how real adventure games are supposed to be made.
Right now the entire thing is just in the early goings and they need to hit the $500,000 mark in order to get the green-light to consolidate and head into actual production. I get the feeling that if Rob Lowe of Leisure Suit Larry fame and Tim Schafer from Double Fine could score secure funding for their crowd-sourced projects then I'm pretty sure the Two Guys From Andromeda will be able to do the same.
A list of the game's intended features can be viewed below. The project is scheduled to appear on most major PC-related and mobile devices. You can also help tip some support in favor of the game by heading to the Official KickStarter Page. Here's hoping they meet their goal and we can rekindle some nostalgic space-adventuring.
Possible Game Features:
• A Sci-fi adventure from Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe working happily together as a team once again.
• Hilarious death sequences
• Tons of the fresh (and moldy) pop-culture references
• Fun and unique humor
• Art design and direction by Mark
• Dialog that will make you blow nostril Tang, written by Scott along with Mark
• Narration of all this by Gary Owens and the voice acting of other characters by the above mentioned quality industry voice talent
• Game music that will hopefully give you chills and wedge in your main orb for the rest of your natural Earth life and make you wish you lived inside your computer!
• A game that you will feel comfortable playing with your children, but with some entertainment that will safely appeal only to the adult psyche
Back to top