Given the fact that 2015 already has full slate of blockbusters which we know plenty about, from The Avengers: Age of Ultron
to Star Wars: Episode VII
, the announced Jurassic Park 4
has managed to fly under the radar because we’re too busy digging into Batman vs. Superman
(or whatever the hell Warner will call its Man of Steel
sequel). So when Park 4
director Colin Trevorrow appeared on a Jurassic Park Podcast (via Bleeding Cool
) and actually spilled some details, fans of the franchise sat up and took notice.
Trevorrow, who some might know from the winning time-travel comedy Safety Not Guaranteed
, declined to address any spoilers for the film, but he still revealed plenty of interesting tidbits on the upcoming sequel. Here’s what we found out:
- The film remains “two years out,” so it’s still on track for 2015, even though we have not heard anything related to casting.
- The director repeatedly calls it Jurassic Park 4, though I’d bet money the movie will get a more specific title. At the same time, the third movie went with Jurassic Park III as opposed to The Lost World, so JP 4 is possible.
- He wouldn’t go on record about John Williams composing the score for the sequel, but did toe the company line by saying, “Do I love John Williams and all of his music? Of course.”
- Trevorrow vehemently denied that this was “a paycheck gig” for him, or “the movie that I’m making so I can make the movies that I really want to make.” He says that he really wants to make “a kick-ass Jurassic Park movie,” and wants to make a film that even appeals to casual fans who don’t even believe there needs to be another Park film.
- He says that he knows everyone’s favorite dinosaur is the T-Rex. And he says that they have a new dino for the story who is bad ass … but he wouldn’t give up details. At the same time, he begged fans to avoid spoilers, because he says, “Don’t believe everything you read. There are way more insiders on the internet than there are in real life.”
Give a listen to the full podcast here. I loved Safety
, and think Trevorrow is a fantastic choice for Park 4
. I’m excited to see what he and his team can come up. How about you?