Mickey Rourke Not Interested In Sin City 2
Despite what Frank Miller told IGN the other day about Sin City 2 being ready for an April 2009 start date, things may not be going so smoothly. Mickey Rourke, who starred in the first film and is now all over the place promoting The Wrestler, has said previously that heíd be interested in returning, but at an interview today seemed to have changed his tune.
"Iím not interested in that right now. Itís not a reality right now," he said when a reporter asked about the movie. He added, "Itís pissing in the wind." He didnít give us much by way of explanation, either: "[Itís] different factions going in different directions."
Iím not surprised to hear things arenít as rosy behind the scenes as they seemóa movie thatís had this much trouble getting made doesnít see likely to magically leap into production mode so quickly. So if Rourke isnít interested, is a Sin City 2 possible? Or is Frank Miller just talking things up to get his main star back on board? Somebody step up and help us figure out whatís really going on here!
This article was first published on December 7, 2008 and was last updated on May 21, 2014.
Back to top