Simon Pegg Out Of Bastards And Back With Frost
Just when I was starting to warm up to the idea… Simon Pegg has announced that he will not, as previously reported, be appearing in Inglorious Bastards. The original report in the trades said he was “in talks” and apparently those talks haven’t worked out.
Pegg broke the news on his MySpace page Friday saying, “Much to our mutual disappointment, I won't be appearing in QT's forthcoming Inglorious Bastards due to insurmountable scheduling difficulties. We really tried to make it work but in the end, it just was not possible without severe ramifications elsewhere. I'm trying to remain upbeat, as Tom Selleck said "Who the hell is Indiana Jones anyway?"
I wouldn’t worry Simon, I don’t think the part you would have had in the film is going to turn into the next Indiana Jones. You’re safe on that front.
It’s not all doom and gloom in the world of Simon Pegg though. He’s tempered that casting bummer with the news that he’s landed Greg Mottola to direct what will actually be his next movie, something called Paul. It’s a road movie, which reunites he and former Spaced cohort Nick Frost as two British geeks traveling America. Sounds like it’s almost a self-portrait.
Back to top