Steven Spielberg's Jaws
is swimming onto Blu-Ray next month, and it's kind of mind-boggling that it's taken this long. Jaws
pretty much invented the summer blockbuster, is considered by many to be one of the best movies ever made (currently #133 on the IMDb Top 250), and is a movie that's just crying out for a high-def makeover. While we're waiting the few remaining weeks until the Blu-Ray release date, the folks over at Universal have posted a clip from the restored film, and it's all kinds of purty. Brody and Hooper's demands to close the beaches have never looked so good. And check out that anchor jacket! (Make sure to set the quality all the way up to 1080p.)
hits Blu-Ray on August 14th, featuring an all-new restored and digitally remastered picture, plus 7.1 surround sound. The disc is also packing four+ hours of bonus features:
- The Shark Is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: All-new feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider.
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
- pocket BLU App: The popular free pocket BLU app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad, Android tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.