Nintendo revealed today that they've lowered the price on five of the most popular games for Nintendo 3DS. All the games will be available for $29.99, making them ten bucks cheaper than normal.
The following games will be marked down starting on April 22nd:
- Mario Kart 7 - Mario Kart 7 is the newest entry in Nintendo's long-running racing series. Players take on the role of 16 Mario characters and compete on 32 tracks. To add some variety to the races, some of these tracks have underwater segments. In a first for the series, players can customize their vehicles with different frames, tires and glider wings. They can use their kart's retractable hang glider to access shortcuts in tracks.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf - In New Leaf, players take on the role of a mayor in a small town. They can socialize with the town's residents and perform activities that earn them money. This money can be used to customize the town. As mayor, the player is also able to enact policies with big effects. Players can visit each others' towns via online or local connection.
- Super Mario 3D Land - Super Mario 3D Land has three-dimensional graphics but it's actually closer to the side-scrollers from the NES and SNES eras. Players guide Mario past obstacles and enemies to reach a "Goal Pole" at the end of each level. Mario has new moves at his disposal in this adventure, including a barrel roll and roll jump. The power-ups in the game include a Boomerang Flower that lets Mario toss Boomerangs as well as an Invincibility Leaf that protects him from harm if he dies five times in a row on the same level.
- Donkey Kong Returns 3D - Returns 3D is a remake of a Wii side-scroller starring Donkey Kong and his nephew Diddy. The 3DS re-release features a "New Mode" with a gentler difficulty level. It also adds a brand-new set of levels.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 - NSMB2 allows two players to team up as Mario and Luigi in a quest to save Princess Peach. Coin collecting is more important than ever thanks to global leaderboard that reveal which players in the world have collected the most. A new Coin Rush mode challenges players to rush through three levels and grab as many coins as possible. During the Coin Rush mode, they only have one life and have to beat the level before time runs out.
Nintendo notes that Mario Kart 7
, Super Mario 3D Land
and New Super Mario Bros. 2
are the three best-selling 3DS games of all time in the United States. Each game has sold over 2.15 million copies in this country alone.
The discounts for these five games will be available both in stores and through the Nintendo eShop