Due to Nintendo's new console being overwhelmingly popular, it seems like everyone and their cousin has a new device for the Wii. So it should come as no big surprise that the Wii is on the generous receiving end of third-party games and accessories. In this instance, game software and accessory publisher, Nobilis, has teamed with Subsonic for a new line of "Jedi weapons" for the Nintendo Wii.
"This is THE perfect accessory for 'Star Wars' fans or for sword fighting addict!! This laser sword has a motion detector, and space for the wrist strap." So says the press release. The actual fact sheet description for the space-age accessory is as follows:
Subsonic Lightsaber Features:
• Produces a strong blue light on the whole surface of the sword.
• 2 modes: turn on with the ON/OFF button, or motion detection (the swords lights when you move it).
• Requires 2 AA batteries not included.
• Wiimote not included.
Not bad, if you're a Star Wars fanatic. But I'm sure there will be plenty of small kids who will get a kick out of accidentally poking themselves in the eye while playing the latest sword-based Wii game. In addition to the lightsaber, though, Subsonic actually has a really useful wireless Nunchuk adapter to accompany the Wii-mote. Yep, a wireless Nunchuk; no more strangling yourself in that darned cord, or mistakenly unplugging the the Wii-mote and chuk while engaged in a really intense battle of Smash Bros. The details of the device are as follows:
Subsonic Wireless Adaptor for Nunchuk Features
• 100% compatible with all your Wii games. Works instantly, no adjustment needed.
• Connection by radio frequency 2.4 GHz. Works as well as a cable.
• Use several Wireless Adaptors at the same time for multiplayer games.
• The Nunchuk cable can be stored inside the handle.
• Requires 2 AAA batteries not provided. Up to 50 hours of game autonomy.
• Wii Remote and Nunchuk not included.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.