It looks like 2010 will be a good year for Chuck
fans. The show returns to NBC for a once-uncertain third season with a two-hour premiere on January 10th, bringing us more Chuck, more Casey, and, oh yes…more of the delectable Strahovski as Agent Sarah Walker. If you haven’t a clue who any of those people are, then what’s wrong with you? Do you just not enjoy fun? Never mind, I don’t want to hear your excuses, because five days before the season premiere, you’ll have none. Yes, just in time to catch up (rather frantically), Chuck: The Complete Second Season
is hitting Blu-ray and DVD on January 5th, 2010.
For 60 or 70 bucks (DVD and Blu-ray, respectively), you’ll get 22 episodes of spy-vs-spy-vs-nerd action, the comedic alchemy that is Adam Baldwin, and hot-intelligence-operative fetishism the likes of which the small screen hasn’t seen since the halcyon days of Alias
. It’s sometimes uneven, but when it’s firing on all cylinders, you’d be hard pressed to find a show that packs more fun into an hour than Chuck
Your special features, should you choose to accept them:
- Truth, Spies and Regular Guys: Exploring the Mythology of Chuck
- Dude in Distress: Explore Some of This Season’s Best Action Sequences
- Chuck Versus the Webisodes: Web-Originated Minifeaturettes
- Chuck: A Real-Life Captain Awesome’s Tips for Being Awesome
- John Casey Presents: So You Want to Be a Deadly Spy?
- Declassified Scenes
- Gag Reel