The mysterious Xûr, Agent of the Nine, is visiting Destiny
again. Players can visit this NPC to buy special items throughout the weekend.
Xûr can be found at the North Tower. He's located next to the Speaker's room, next to the railing. Players will be able to visit him from now until Sunday at 5 AM Eastern or 2 AM Pacific.
He accepts two types of currencies, Motes of Light and Strange Coins. Motes are earned by gaining experience after level 20. You also have a chance to get them from loot chests, Vanguard Strikes, Crucible matches and Engrams
. Strange Trinkets, won through weekly Heroic Strikes, can be exchanged for Strange Coins at the Speaker. Crucible matches, Nightfall Strikes, Raids
, chests, and Engrams will randomly give you Trinkets as well.
Here's what you can buy from Xûr this weekend:
- Helm of Inmost Light (Titan helmet) - 13 Strange Coins
- Lucky Raspberry (Hunter chest armor) - 13 Strange Coins
- Voidfang Vestments (Warlock chest armor) - 13 Strange Coins
- Ice Breaker (Sniper Rifle) - 17 Strange Coins
- Helmet Engram - 23 Motes of Light
The Ice Breaker looks like an interesting addition to players' arsenals. The rifle regenerates its Solar ammunition over time, making reloading unnecessary. There's also a chance that you'll get ammo back on missed shots. It's called "Ice Breaker" because it makes enemies spontaneously combust. This explosion will then cause damage to other enemies in the vicinity. Here's some footage of the weapon in action:
Xur also sells a few consumables for your character and vehicle:
- Auto Rifle Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
- Pulse Rifle Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
- Machine Gun Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
- Plasma Drive (vehicle upgrade) - 23 Strange Coins
- Emerald Coil (vehicle upgrade) - 23 Strange Coins
- Heavy Ammo Synthesis - 1 Strange Coin
Telemetry, if you're not aware, is a consumable that boosts the progression of a specific weapon class. This boost lasts 30 minutes. The Plasma Drive and Emerald Coil improve the speed and durability of Rare Sparrows. Heavy Ammo Synthesis replenishes your stockpile of Heavy ammunition.
The screenshots below show off each of the new exotic items along with their stats, courtesy of DestinyDB