The aerial racing game from Digital Reality is now officially available on the Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360 and on the PlayStation Network for the PS3. Gamers can hop into a fictional, fast-paced plane and take to the skies in a rare aerial treat for flight sim fans.
As stated in the press release…
Dominate against the deadliest opponents in the most spectacular exotic locations from all around the world. Choosing from 33 racing events on several reversible, living tracks, players will compete against opponents in single player or multiplayer challenges with up to eight players. The goal is simple: if you can't overtake them, shoot them down!There have been a few other small projects like this throughout the years, mostly for PC, though. It’s nice to see a few developers branching out and doing something new for consoles as opposed to pumping out just another shooter. The official launch trailer for the game can be viewed below.
Pretty fun looking, eh? You can pick up your very own digital copy of SkyDrift today for the budget price of $14.99 on the PlayStation Store or for 1200 MS Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Gamers looking for more info can check out the features list below or head to the Official Website to learn more about SkyDrift.
• Eight Modern Planes to Fly: Choose from eight modern, state-of-the art airplanes turned into killing machines, each with four different skins for a total of 32 unique racing skins.
• Six Power-ups! Capture up to two different powers in your plane’s arsenal, then collect upgrades to increase the strength of those existing powers. Strategy becomes key as you must choose which powers to keep, which ones to upgrade and which ones to convert into Boost energy.
• Stunning Visuals: Race through scenic venues like the Grand Canyon, Alaskan Terrain and Hawaiian Islands, created with beautiful, vibrant colors.
• 8-person Multiplayer: Jump online to take your friends down in this fast and furious battle.
• Three Unique Game Modes: Power Race Mode is high-speed racing paired with power-ups; Speed Race Mode where players navigate the course through ring targets that accelerates plane speed and Survival Mode where pilots race against the countdown clock and each other.