Play Tina Fey And Amy Poehler's Golden Globes Drinking Game
In the wake of this morning's shocking Oscar nomination announcements, many flabbergasted film lovers are ready for a drink. Thankfully, this weekend we can briefly forget the spotlight-hoarding Academy Awards, and focus on their less stern and oft-drunk cousin, The Golden Globes. Hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, the 70th Annual Golden Globes Awards is shaping up to be quite a show, one that these celebrated funny women suggest can be made even better thanks to their finely tuned drinking game.
THR interviewed the former Weekend Update co-anchors. After Poehler dished on her pick for Best Actor (Tom Holland's The Impossible despite not being nominated), and Fey revealed her pick for the Best TV Series – Musical or Comedy category (surprisingly Smash), the pair improvised rules for a drinking game that can help those of us watching at home share in the Golden Globes bacchanal! Check out the rules below:
1. Drink any time an actress cries during her speech.
2. Drink any time you see a person who is actively not listening to someone on stage.
3. Drink any time someone exclaims, "I didn’t prepare anything!”
4. Whenever someone thanks Harvey Weinstein, eat a meatball sub.
5. Whenever Judi Dench is shown, take off an article of clothing.
6. Whenever Maggie Smith wins, take of an article of clothing.
Following these rules guarantees your Golden Globe party will be a wild one full of shots and heated debates over what qualifies as a Maggie Smith "win." Personally, I count anytime she gives Countess Violet side-eye, withering glare or smug smirk as a Maggie Smith win, but to each her own.
The 70th Annual Golden Globes Awards will air live on January 13th at 8PM on NBC.
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In
Back to top