Bethesda has released new gameplay footage for Fallout 4 that introduces Piper, one of your possible companions in the post-apocalyptic Boston area.
The Fallout 4 footage of Piper was hidden in the middle of a new video for Fallout Shelter. The clip from Fallout 4 starts at the 0:25 mark and shows a conversation between Piper and the Vault Dweller. We learn that Piper runs a newspaper called "Public Occurrences " The player will apparently help her with news-gathering out in the wasteland. Somehow she'll then end up accompanying the Vault Dweller on their wider quest.
Maybe we'll also help Piper come up with a better newspaper name than "Public Occurrences." I mean, c'mon, the trademark office was blown up in the war. She could name her newspaper the "Boston Herald" or "Better Than The New York Times And Wall Street Journal Combined" and no one could sue.
Piper is one of a dozen or so companions in the world of Fallout 4. Other companions announced to date include Preston Garvey, Dogmeat and Mister Handy. Players can romance all human companions, regardless of gender. You don't have to worry about your beloved dying from a stray bullet because companions can't be permanently killed in battle.
Bethesda has also added Piper to Fallout Shelter as part of the mobile game's latest update. She's a Legendary character with great stats so you can use her to great effect pretty much anywhere in your vault. She'd also be handy as a wasteland scavenger. Shelter's update also includes the following changes:
- New Vault-Tec network protocols are finally in place. Now you can save your Vault to the “cloud” (no moisture condenser necessary!) and continue any Vault experiment on all of your devices.
- Some Dwellers are reporting sightings of a mysterious individual in Vaults around the Wasteland. Vault-Tec is offering a bottle cap reward for any positive identification!
- Faced all the challenges the “normal” Vault simulation can provide? Introducing Survival Mode! More danger, more glory. Make Vault-Tec proud!
- New Vault-Tec directive – Dwellers have been given authorization to scavenge equipment from dead Raiders. Gear up!
- Are you an experienced Overseer who has already undergone Vault operational training? Now you can skip the tutorial!
- In an effort to assist Overseers in running their Vaults more efficiently, Vault-Tec has added a statistics page to the Vault Dweller’s Survival Guide (VDSG).
- Support added for Russian-speaking Overseers.
- Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because when you speak, Vault-Tec listens!
Fallout Shelter can be downloaded for free for iOS and Android devices. Fallout 4 will launch on November 10th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.