Subscribe To Instagram Model Rebecca Burger Killed By An Exploding Whipped Cream Can Updates
rebecca burger obit

This week sad news broke that French fitness and lifestyle blogger Rebecca Burger passed away after taking a lethal blow to the chest when an everyday household object exploded at her home. Apparently, a whipped cream dispenser caused the fatal injury when it burst and hit Burger. The family of the 32-year-old Instagram influencer posted a message in French to her social media accounts to confirm the report and express its sorrow. In English, the note says,

It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca, who died June 18, 2017, in an accident in the home.

The family shared the sorrowful words to Rebecca Burger's followers on Instagram and also took a moment to post a separate image of the kind of siphon that exploded into Burger. The family added a caption to raise awareness of the problem among Burger's followers and posted,

According to Burger's family, the incident is not as unusual as it might sound. In English, the caption says,

This is an example of a siphon that exploded and struck Rebecca's throat, resulting in her death. Take note: siphon that caused her death was sealed. Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Several tens of thousands of these defective devices are still in circulation.

Women's Best, the health and fitness blog for which Rebecca Burger worked, expressed its condolences over her tragic death. On Instagram, the company posted,

We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul. Our French athlete, Rebecca Burger, passed away. Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with. Please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay strong. We will always be proud of you Rebecca.

Reportedly, Rebecca Burger received medical attention from firefighters who rushed to her home in Galfingue immediately following the incident on Saturday, June 17. The medics revived Burger's heartbeat, but she was unconscious by the time she arrived at the hospital. Shortly after, Burger went into cardiac arrest and passed away the next day.

The family might be correct in its assertion about such accidents. According to the magazine 60 Minutes, two French people died in 2014 when similar canisters exploded. The same year, the French economy ministry recommend people take extra care when using such canisters. In a statement, the ministry wrote that the "cream siphons" have led to home accidents.

The magazine went on to say siphons made after 2015 seem to be safer, but in Burger's case the siphon was fatal. Hopefully, the family can heal in time and continue raising awareness of the danger.

Blended From Around The Web



Hot Topics

Cookie Settings