The rumored Dark Corners downloadable content
for Gears of War 2
is real, after all. It's not just a map pack though - it also adds to the single-player/coop campaign.
comes with a "lost" level from the campaign set in the Hollow, the Locust stronghold. It's said that you'll be able to use stealth to proceed throughout the level but you'll also have the option of just killing everything, too. The 1600 Microsoft Points ($20) DLC also comes with seven new multiplayer maps:
- Allfathers Garden - Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial - Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
- Sanctuary - Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
- War Machine - In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway - Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it'll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station - Sitting in limbo between death and "processing" are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it's better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere - Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.
If you haven't purchase any of the three previous map packs for GoW2
, you might be interested in Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection
. All Fronts
is a $20 retail package containing the Flashback, Combustible and Snowblind map packs, as well as Dark Corners
, a poster, an Xbox Live theme, and a strategy guide. Both All Fronts
and Dark Corners
will be released on July 28th.