Old-school role-playing game Pillars of Eternity launched last week on PC, Mac and Linux. If you're having trouble progressing through the game, you might want to consider trying these cheat codes.
The cheats are similar to those seen in the isometric RPGs that inspired Pillars of Eternity like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. They allow players to max out their party's stats, shower them in money and more. To enter cheat codes, press the `/~ key on your keyboard. A text prompt will appear at the top of the screen. Type in "iroll20s" (without the quotes) to enable cheats for the game. Once you've done that, you can use the following cheat commands. The words in brackets are values that you need to fill in. Note that you don't need to actually type the brackets:
- AddAbility [player name] [ability] - Assigns ability/talent to a specific player
- AddItem [item name] [stack count amount] - Creates items
- AdvanceTimeByHour [hours] - Moves time forward
- AddExperience [amount] - Gives specified number of experience points
- AttributeScore [player name] [attributename] [amount] - Changes base attribute score
- GivePlayerMoney [amount] - Gives specified amount of money
- RemovePlayerMoney [amount] - Removes amount of money indicated
- SetTime [time] - Sets time (it uses 24-hour military time so 24 is midnight, 12 is noon, 18 is 6 PM, and so on.)
- Skill [playername] [skill name] [amount] - Changes base skill score
Fair warning, though: if you enable cheats, you won't be able to earn Steam Achievements.
Speaking of Achievements, the game has 30 for you to earn. The list is bound to takeawhile, as a few of the Achievements require multiple playthroughs:
- 5 Upgrades in Stronghold - Complete at least 5 upgrades in the stronghold.
- Alchemist - Create 3 or more different potions.
- All Upgrades in Stronghold - Complete all of the upgrades in the stronghold.
- Appease All of the Gods - Complete all of the god appeasement quests.
- Chef - Create 5 or more different food items.
- Completed Act I - You have completed Act I.
- Completed Act II - You have completed Act II.
- Completed Act III - You have completed Act III.
- Disposition - Attain rank 3 in at least three Dispositions.
- Enchanter - Apply 5 or more different enchantments.
- Expert - Complete the game on Expert mode.
- Explorer - Visit every map.
- First 5 Levels of Od Nua - Complete the first 5 levels of the Endless Paths of Od Nua.
- Got All Companions - Find and adventure with all of the companions.
- Kill All the Dragons - Kill all of the dragons in the game.
- Last 5 Levels of Od Nua - Complete the last 5 levels of the Endless Paths of Od Nua.
- Make an Adventurer - Create and hire an adventurer from the Adventurer's Hall.
- Middle 5 Levels of Od Nua - Complete the middle 5 levels of the Endless Paths of Od Nua.
- No Rest for the Pro - Complete the game with fewer than 10 rests.
- Path of the Damned - Complete the game on Path of the Damned mode.
- Relative Pacifism - Complete the game killing fewer than 175 creatures and NPCs.
- Scribe - Create 3 or more different scrolls.
- Solo - Complete the game without taking any companions after Cilant Lis.
- Super Murderer - Complete the game killing 1200 or more creatures and NPCs.
- Trappy - Place 5 or more trap items.
- Trial of Iron - Complete the game on Trial of Iron mode.
- Triple Crown - Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes.
- Triple Crown SOLO - Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lis.
- Won the Game!!! - Congratulations! You have completed the game.
- Zero Knockouts - Complete the game without any party members hitting 0 Endurance.
Obsidian also included a bonus Achievement for players who supported Pillars of Eternity on Kickstarter. The Achievement, called simply "Kickstarter Backer," should be unlocked automatically on your account.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.