Undead Labs has released the third title update for State of Decay
. This patch fixes a number of bugs still lingering in the Xbox 360 zombie game while also adding a new feature to help you considerably on your travels.
allows you to bring one of the fellow survivors in your community along with you during your forays into the zombie-infested countryside. Previously, you could only enlist their help on missions that directly involved them. Considering how often you're outnumbered by enemies in the game, this is a very welcome change.
The patch also addresses crashes and loading issues caused by having too large of a community. Undead Labs says that gamers who previously encounted this problem "probably will not need to restart the game from scratch." However, the few of you who amassed giant communities early on in the storyline may not see your situation improve. If the game still won't load after the patch, you'll have to restart.
The full patch notes for TU3 are below. The patch is being rolled out to all territories over the course of the day.
- You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back. Followers can also accompany you on most non-storyline missions.
- NPCs who have been told to leave your community no longer remain in your Journal and take up bed space.
- Jacob can no longer be selected for a "Mercy Shot" mission before he gives you the “Home Away from Home” mission.
- You can now train members of another Enclave in your Dojo immediately upon construction of the Dojo.
- Fixed Snyder Warehouse not repairing vehicles.
- Fixed community NPCs sometimes blocking the door to Snyder Warehouse.
- You can no longer move to a Home site that supports fewer Outposts than you currently control.
- Vehicles are no longer teleported to Home parking spaces at 6:00 AM.
- Outposts are now numbered on the map.
- Added Journal log entry for establishing an Outpost.
- Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted.
- Added Journal log entries for "Memento" mission.
- Changed AI to ensure zombies are present when you get a training mission or a morale mission.
- You are now reminded every 15 minutes, starting at 30 minutes, that your progress is not being saved while in a mission.
- Fixed bug that allowed save spinner to sometimes display during missions.
- Additional polish to "The Law" mission.
- Fixed an issue where Influence attrition wasn't scaling properly, which led to some Influence exploits.
- Removed references to generators in Fuel description.
- Fixed a terrain issue that caused parked vehicles to catch on fire when restarting the game.
- Fixed getting “Stockpile maximum exceeded” Journal log entry immediately after leaving Mount Tanner.
- Fixed issues that allowed community to exceed the population cap.
- Minor improvements to shadows.
- Fixed some missing subtitles.
- Fixed some floating bushes and grass.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed issues in non-English translations.
Undead Labs is currently developing a Sandbox mode
for the game to allow players to keep exploring the open-world. They also plan to release the game on PC
by the end of the year.