Open-world games are often filled with amusing bugs at launch. Watch Dogs is no exception, as a new "honest gameplay trailer" demonstrates.
The trailer (via Reddit) shows off sixteen huge glitches encountered throughout the game. Here's a run-down of each just in case you're unable to watch the video.
- Cars float down the road like they're balloons.
- Aiden's motorcycle falls through the highway, causing him to fall to his death.
- Car gets in a collision and lands on top of the stairs to the L-train
- Man runs in place into Aiden at a fast food joint.
- Aiden tries to run between two signs spaced several feet apart and hits invisible wall.
- Aiden uses a crane to lower a crate onto a car. The crate pushes the car through the dock and into the water below it.
- A broken fire hydrant sprays water straight through a car sitting on top of it.
- An NPC bows in front of Aiden's car and refuses to move. He pushes the NPC like a hockey puck with his car.
- Aiden opens the door of his subway car to find a police cruise nestled between the two cars.
- Criminals runs in place into a van to escape Aiden.
- Train track slowly curves upward as Aiden walks along it. The train is left sitting in mid-air.
- Aiden climbs on top of a truck to get over a fence but runs into an invisible wall.
- Aiden drives a motorcycle into the path of an oncoming train. It stops immediately.
- An NPC drives by in a car with an invisible chassis.
- Aiden sideswipes another car. The collision causes him to go tumbling out of his car without the door even opening. He collides mid-air with an oncoming car, causing the vehicle to go flying backwards.
- Traffic light is run over by a car and bounces back and forth as though it's made of rubber.
To be fair to Watch Dogs, though, the game's less than a week old. Some of these glitches will get patched out by Ubisoft in time, especially if they plan to keep gamers playing for several months with post-launch content..
Also, as I said, a lot of open-world games are kind of a mess at launch. The combination of player freedom and a large world means there's a lot of potential for bugs. Players could make trailers like this for Skyrim and GTA 5 - and have on numerous occasions. It's Watch Dogs' turn to get ribbed, though.
If you want to find out whether Watch Dogs is worth a purchase in spite of the bugs, check out our review.