Subscribe To The Academy Awards Circle A February Date For 2015 Updates
I've already subscribed
Doesn’t it feel like the Academy Awards just ended like a day ago? The folks behind Steve McQueen’s 12 Years a Slave probably haven’t yet STOPPED celebrating the film’s Best Picture win at this year’s Oscars ceremony. But time is a flat circle, and Hollywood’s already mapping out the path to next year’s Academy Awards. Get those For Your Consideration ads in, people.
The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences have announced several key dates for next year’s awards. The 87th Academy Awards ceremony, for example, will be held on Sunday, February 22, 2015. It will be televised on ABC beginning at 7 p.m. ET. The host has yet to be determined.
The write in campaign for this dynamic duo starts now.
Other important dates announced today include:
- Saturday, November 8, 2014 - The Governors Awards
- Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014 - Official Screen Credits and music submissions due
- Monday, December 29, 2014 - Nominations voting begins 8 a.m. PT
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 - Nominations voting ends 5 p.m. PT
- Thursday, January 15, 2015 - Oscar nominations announced
- Monday, February 2, 2015 - Oscar Nominees Luncheon
- Friday, February 6, 2015 - Final voting begins 8 a.m. PT
- Saturday, February 7, 2015 - Scientific and Technical Awards
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - Final voting ends 5 p.m. PT
And the never-ending cycle of Oscar campaigning lives up to its name.
So, which movies might compete for next year’s Best Picture Oscar? Shortly after Ellen took the world’s most famous selfie, Kristy carved out 10 contenders for the top Academy prize, including Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel, Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar, David Ayer’s Fury and Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher. The latter actually just revealed that it will make its world premiere at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival in May. Don’t be surprised if a number of films screening in France this year find themselves in the Oscar conversation early next year.
Check out the brief Foxcatcher trailer, and let us know if you think it has what it takes to go the distance next year!