CG Animation took in over $70 mill again this week, Robert Zemeckis’s creepy Tom Hanks holiday flick shaved away some of The Incredibles market, but not enough to keep knock it from the top. Releasing the Bridget Jones sequel in a limited run proved to be a wise move on Universal & Miramax. The film opened in 500 theatres and nabbed a slot in the top four. Maybe next week when it goes wider it might inch its way up further.
There was an avalanche of flicks this week, next week there’s just a Cage/Bruckheimer adventure and a Nickelodeon movie. Look for another Incredible weekend until Alexander opens and Finding Neverland goes wider. Anyways, enough yappin’, Here’s This Week’s Top Ten...
1. The Incredibles - $51 Million ($144.1M)
2. The Polar Express* - $23.5 Million (5 Day = $30.8M)
3. After the Sunset* - $11.5 Million
4. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason* - $8.9 Million
5. Seed of Chucky* - $8.8 Million
6. Ray - $8.4 Million ($52.5M)
7. The Grudge - $7.1 Million ($99.3M)
8. Saw - $6.4 Million ($48.7M)
9. Shall We Dance? - $4.1 Million ($48.7M)
10. Alfie - $2.8 Million ($11.1M)
* = Indicates New Release
Click Image to Read Official Cinema Blend Review
Fan Mail? Hate Mail?.
SUBMIT A SCOOP