players who aren't farming that cave in Old Russia have new challenges to tackle today. The Queen's Wrath event will be available for the next two weeks.
The Bounty vendor at the Tower now offers a new set of Queen's bounties each day. Here are the six available today:
- Her Willful Gaze - Defeat 20 Guardian's with Scout Rifle headshots.
- By Thy Hand - Defeat 20 Guardian's with Hand Cannon headshots.
- Relic Harvest - Fallen - Collect 200 Ether Drops from Fallen enemies on any planet.
- Extermination Protocol - Defeat 200 Fallen with headshots
- Archon Slayer - Defeat Riksis, the Devil Archon in the Cosmodrome on Earth.
- Last Days of Winter - Defeat Draksis, Winter Kell, in the Scourge of Winter on Venus.
Completing Bounties will unlock new level 24 missions. These missions have an Epic modifier, meaning that enemies will be shielded and aggressive. Your rewards for beating these challenges are Legendary armor pieces or a new ship called "Chasing Infinity." These new items are purple with Queen's seal emblazoned in yellow. Here are screenshots of some of the armor pieces, courtesy of Reddit
The Queen's Emissary can be found in the previously locked area of the Tower past the Bounty vendor. This NPC sells several new items. Their wares include two shaders, two emblems, three class items and several rare weapons. You can find the stats and prices for all of this at DestinyTracker
Bungie also took the opportunity to release a new patch today. Update 22.214.171.124 rebalances a few of the Heroic missions to make them more manageable. It also fixes a bug in Vault of Glass
, the game's first Raid. Here are the full patch notes (via Bungie
- Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
- Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
- Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
- Dropping the relic at the end of the raid will no longer result in a team wipe. This will prevent players being stuck at a black screen after the raid.
- You will remain dead if you were dead when the mission ended. That will be addressed by a future patch.
Bungie will end the Queen's Wrath event on October 6th.