The Achievements list for Grand Theft Auto 5
has appeared online a month before the game's official launch date
. They provide some insight into the single-player and multiplayer activities that await players in the open-world action game.
Don't worry about spoiling the plot by reading the Achievements. The list (posted by Xbox360A
) contains 11 secret Achievements worth a total of 200G. Those are presumably related to the main campaign. All the other single-player Achievements seem to focus on side content.
The one GTA V
Achievement that really jumps out at me is called "From Beyond the Stars." Players unlock it by collecting all of the starship parts in the game. With GTA IV
, Rockstar tried to create a very realistic and grounded world. If they're littering GTA V
's world with spaceship parts, though, maybe we should expect a more off-the-wall plot similar to San Andreas
The Achievement about "the mystery of Leonora Johnson" is intriguing as well. Are we going to be able to relive our L.A. Noire
days and play detective? Is she related to Carl Johnson, the protagonist from GTA San Andreas
Many of the Achievements concern Grand Theft Auto Online
, the recently revealed multiplayer mode. GTA Online
will allow up to 16 players to run amuck in Los Santos together. The Achievements list mentions store robberies, group heists, rally races and bounty hunting. Players will be able to buy apartments, garages and vehicles with their hard-earned money.
The full Achievements list, minus the secret entries, is below.
- Solid Gold, Baby! (50 points) – Earn 70 Gold Medals on Missions and Strangers and Freaks.
- Career Criminal (100 points) – Attain 100% Game Completion.
- San Andreas Sightseer (30 points) – Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County.
- All’s Fare in Love and War (10 points) – Purchase Downtown Cab Co. and complete a private fare.
- TP Industries Arms Race (10 points) – Purchase McKenzie Field Hangar and win the arms race.
- Multi-Disciplined (30 points) – Attain a gold medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes.
- From Beyond the Stars (15 points) – Collect and return all spaceship parts.
- A Mystery, Solved (15 points) – Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson.
- Waste Management (15 points) – Purchase the old dock and collect all nuclear waste.
- Red Mist (20 points) – Complete all Rampages.
- Show Off (30 points) – Complete all Stunt Jumps.
- Kifflom! (30 points) – Complete your path to enlightenment… or not.
- Three Man Army (20 points) – Survive 3 minutes on at least a 3 star Wanted Level with all three characters together off mission.
- Out of Your Depth (5 points) – You’re gonna need a bigger boat…
- Altruist Acolyte (5 points) – Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult.
- A Lot of Cheddar (20 points) – Spend a total of $200 million across all three characters.
- Trading Pure Alpha (10 points) – Make a profit over your total investments in the stock market.
- Pimp My Sidearm (10 points) – Fully mod a weapon.
- Wanted: Alive Or Alive (10 points) – Deliver a bail bond target alive.
- Los Santos Customs (10 points) – Fully mod a vehicle.
- Close Shave (20 points) – Complete all Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges.
- Off the Plane (5 points) – GTA Online: Complete the Introduction.
- Three-Bit Gangster (10 points) – GTA Online: Reach Rank 25.
- Making Moves (30 points) – GTA Online: Reach Rank 50.
- Above the Law (80 points) – GTA Online: Reach Rank 100.
- Numero Uno (20 points) – GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.
- The Midnight Club (20 points) – GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.
- Unnatural Selection (20 points) – GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.
- Backseat Driver (10 points) – GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.
- Run Like The Wind (20 points) – GTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head.
- Clean Sweep (10 points) – GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.
- Decorated (50 points) – GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.
- Stick Up Kid (10 points) – GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.
- Enjoy Your Stay (20 points) – GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer.
- Crew Cut (5 points) – GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.
- Full Refund (10 points) – GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.
- Dialling Digits (5 points) – GTA Online: Call for gang backup for the first time.
- American Dream (10 points) – GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.