BioWare is about to send out a patch for sci-fi RPG Mass Effect 3
. The update, which fixes a number of stability issues, will be available on all three platforms at the beginning of the next week.
The patch is said to fix the face import bug that's been present since launch. The bug messed up the face of a character carried over from a previous Mass Effect
game. Pretty annoying to players that grew attached to their Shepard's appearance.
BioWare will release the patch on the PC on April 9th. Consoles will receive it on the 10th. The full patch notes are below:
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard’s customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only)
At around the same time, BioWare will also release free DLC
. The Resurgence Pack will introduce new content for the co-op mode.