A new campaign was added to Napoleon: Total War today. The Peninsular Campaign downloadable content brings the 19th century strategy game to Spain.
The DLC (priced at $10) is based off a conflict that occurred on the Spanish peninsula between 1811 and 1814. There are three playable countries - Spain, England, and France. Each side has different objectives:
- The French fight to keep resistance at bay while converting regions to their political alignment.
- The British are very limited for regions at the start, but receive enough income from Northern Europe and North America that they can afford to liberate regions back to the Spanish in return for Guerrilla aid.
- The Spanish also have a limited starting position, but have permanent access to Guerrillas for effective battlefield use against the French.
There are 28 new units and a Political Alignment mechanic included as well. Each side will have access to new guerrilla and agents, too.
A patch accompanied the release of the Peninsular Campaign. Here are the patch notes:
General Issues and Fixes
- Several ATI compatibility issues resolved.
- Fixed various achievement unlock issues and descriptions.
- Fixed various missing text and language issues.
- Fixed a rare issue where changing any graphics setting could cause the users preferences script to become corrupted.
- Campaign difficulty has been rebalanced.
- Campaign AI has been rebalanced for better army distribution.
- Fixed an issue where agents' action success rates were too high.
- Fixed Various Sound effect issues and audio improvements.
- Fixed issue where agents could not disembark from a ship to neutral territory.
- Fixed issue where Post-battle report statistics were not updated properly.
- AI now uses naval invasions more frequently.
- Spies and characters cannot have duplicated names anymore.
- Action Point radius can now be seen when selecting AI armies.
- Fixed an issue where diplomacy restrictions meant that a player could not capture Alexandria back from an emergent Mameluke faction.
- Fixed an issue where Region tax breakdown did not include technology bonus.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening trade tab after bankruptcy.
- The Belgian flag colours are now in the correct order.
- Fixed a rare tutorial crash.
- It is no longer possible to exceed elite unit cap limit by using liberate region.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to enter or attack an enemy territory if they declare war on them via offering to join an ally's war in diplomacy.
- France is no longer listed as a Constitutional Monarchy in the diplomacy screen.
- Various Battle AI improvements.
- The square formation cannot be selected while in melee anymore.
- Fixed issue where cavalry could get inside buildings.
- Aide De Camp giving wrong advice has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where units had white uniforms in battle.
- Various voice-over triggers have been updated.
- Various sound effect and music improvements.
- Unit behaviour around deployable defences has been improved.
- Howitzers and Unicorns damage, accuracy and blast radius have been reduced slightly.
- Fixed issue where a few Ottoman units were not immune to heat fatigue.
- Fixed issue where settings were not retained for Mini-map and Picture in Picture, settings are now correctly saved when game exits.
- Fixed an issue where units get stuck in square formation when they form over gabionades.
- Fixed an issue where Bedouin units could not enter buildings on battlefield.
- Fixed an issue where French rebels had Austrian flags.
- The Balance of Power bar is now correctly removed after a building has been captured or defended.
- 3 new land battle maps added.
- Various drop-in battle UI locks fixed.
- Chance of drop-in battles has now been increased.
- Fixed the issue where the Skill rating at the end of a ranked battle is 0 for both players.
- Added drop in battle / quick battle selection panel to frontend.
- Random clients being kicked when multiple users access a multi-player game has been resolved.
- Unlimited money cheaters will now be dropped from game lobbies.
- Multiplayer battle stats now update after playing a historical battle.
- Multiplayer campaign victory conditions now scroll down correctly in the game settings panel in the Front End.
- Fixed an issue with enemy ships sunk statistic not updating correctly in the frontend.
- Fixed an issue in the multiplayer campaign where the AI attacks a players town and the Pre-Battle buttons are greyed out.
- Fixed a crash caused when ESC pressed whilst game is synchronizing for a drop in battle.
- Host names are now shown on a drop-in battle invitation.
- Fixed an issue where the chat box fades away and cannot be brought back, after a time of inactivity.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer campaign where France and Ottomans where able to engage in diplomacy with each other in the Egyptian campaign.
- Fixed an issue where after a naval game has finished, selecting "swap sides" and playing another game results in the second results screen appearing with incorrect nations.
- Fixed an issue where in multiplayer campaign election results alert appears twice when one player holds an election.
- In fort battles during the deployment phase the mini-map no longer displays buildings that are occupied by an opponent.
- Units hidden in houses are no longer given away by the cursor when moused-over.
- Fixed issue where player names were not showing up in the player list in drop-In battles.
- The French flag is now correct in the player list during a land battles in the Italian multiplayer campaign.
- The chat and player list boxes can be no longer be dragged so far off the screen that they are impossible to recover.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.