The thought of someone up-chucking over the side of a balcony inspires two movie flashbacks. The first is Romy and Michele's High School Reunion's line "Oh, I hate throwing up in public!" and the other is Chunk's memorable confession in The Goonies, which involved dumping a pot of fake puke over the side of a balcony and then making a horrible puking sound. It was the worst thing he ever did. Whether or not the guy who threw up during a performance of Grace last week would say the same thing, we can only guess. But Paul Rudd, who stars in the play, had a little fun with the situation on The Late Show with David Letterman with last night's Top 10 list.
For a bit more background information, via E!, someone threw up over the side of the balcony during a performance of Grace last Wednesday, from the sound of it, leaving some audience members in the orchestra section covered in vomit, while the rest were stuck with the smell. It's an unfortunate incident to say the least, but reportedly, the cast, which includes Paul Rudd, managed to stay in character and continue through the performance. The show must go on!
If there's a bright side to this situation, it's brought a bit more attention to the play. That includes an appearance by Paul Rudd on Letterman to do the honors of joining in on this week's Top 10 list. Here it is (via EW): The "Top 10 Thoughts That Went Through Paul Rudd's Mind When An Audience Member Vomited During His Broadway Show."
10. "Is there a janitor in the house?"
9. "Not my worst review."
8. "I've never been a fan of audience participation."
7. "I was hoping for a standing ovation; instead I got projectile vomiting."
6. "Who says the golden age of theater is dead?"
5. "You got to be kidding me. Right before my big vomiting scene?"
4. "I'll never complain about a cell phone ringing again."
3. "Up till now, I've never elicited more than a loud belch."
2. "What is this? The Ed Sullivan Theater?"
1. "Guess I'm not the only one who's drunk."
Not a bad way to make light of the situation. And hopefully whoever it was that was sick is feeling better.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.