Tonight, Veep ended its absolutely top-notch third season with a double episode extravaganza that dared to potentially redefine everything we have come to know about this show. For tonight, Vice President Selina Meyers (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) actually became the President of the United States…sort of. And we’re celebrating the nation's first FPOTUS by bringing you the 30 funniest and Veepiest lines from tonight’s episodes. They don’t call it a political party for nothing, right?
To quickly summarize, the President resigned from office to take care of his suicidal wife – a situation that earned little if any respect from Selina and her crew – and this ensemble squad of misfits is now on their way to the Oval Office proper. Does that mean Veep will have to change its name when it comes back to HBO for its fourth season? Probably not, as Selina will presumably still be on the campaign trail to get herself voted into office, but it would be just like this series to change its name mid-run. But enough about the future; let’s laugh about the very recent past.
Crate (Episode 09)
1. “Nothing says regular American like standing on a street corner shouting at strangers.” – Dan
2. “It’s like a chicken came in your mouth…I think eggs are my favorite breakfast.” – Jonah
3. “She thinks it looks folksy, but she really looks like Dustin Hoffman on a crate.” – Mike
4. “Oh, my God. I cannot stand that affected butt plug. If I could life the fucking crate, I’d beat him to death with it.” – Selina
5. "I don’t have any friends in D.C., Mom. They all call me a dick behind my back. But like, right behind my back, so I can hear them.” – Jonah
6. “Siri, why does God allow suffering?” – Mike
7. “I was just admiring your charging portal. It’s so clean. Do you swab it?” – Mike
8. “You know what V.P. stands for? Victory Permafucked.” – Selina
9. “When I get excited, my nose bleeds! When I get excited, my nose bleeds!” – Gary
10. “Someone has just flown two planes into my career.” – Jonah
New Hampshire (Episode 10)
1. “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Ma’am? You can’t get too distracted by being president because you’re still campaigning to be president. I’m not sure that Beyoncé fully understands that.” – Amy
2. “I’m so glad it’s meee!” – Selina
3. “Good Luck in Your New Job!” – Selina’s plain banner
4. “Can’t we just take ‘em out? Is Jack Ruby still alive?” – Selina
5. “God, there’s so many people in here. It’s like a Mormon orgy.” – Selina
6. “It just destroyed me. I mean, I was bulimic the whole first year and I didn’t even lose any weight from it.” - Ben
7. “Ben, I swear to sweet Jesus Christ, if you don’t do this, I’m gonna bring back Prohibition.” – Selina
8. “Alternatively, goodbye forever.” – Kent
9. “No, you misheard me, Dan. Torture is a terrible thing. You know, I told you when I was telling you I wasn’t telling you what I told you. The fuck stops here, Dan.” – Ben
10. “I can’t denounce it. That’s like Peter denouncing Christ, or worse.” – Jonah
11. “The chicken is dressed as Bin Laden or you’re dressed as Bin Laden?” – Dan
12. “It’s like she’s walking on a carpet of mice.” – Mike
13. “Take these fucking shoes and shoot ‘em in the fucking head.” – Selina
14. “Yeah, it’s terrible PR. You might as well drive a suicide clown car into the Lincoln Memorial.” – Ben
15. “Let’s vote her out and make the Commander-in-Chief the Commander-in-Brief.” – anti-Selina ad
16. “Yeah, I want a Jonah. And henceforth they will no longer be known as 'Jonahs.' They’ll be known as Jimmys or Pepes or Sarahs or whatever the fuck that person’s name turns out to be. And you can’t hire anyone named Jonah. Okay? See, I’m onto you already.” – Jonah
17. “Just not a hospice. I can’t risk some fucker flatlining right next to me.” – Selina
18. “It’s not like I’m trying to get sworn in by an Elvis impersonator.” – Selina
19. "It's one percent. That's nothing. I mean, you're basically second. You're second in our eyes, I tell you that much." – Gary
20. “I came in third, Amy. Okay? Even the Nazis came in second.” – Selina
Nick is a Cajun Country native, and is often asked why he doesn't sound like that's the case. His love for his wife and daughters is almost equaled by his love of gasp-for-breath laughter and gasp-for-breath horror. A lifetime spent in the vicinity of a television screen led to his current dream job, as well as his knowledge of too many TV themes and ad jingles.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.