Zachary Quinto Says That The Star Trek Sequel Is Bigger And Bolder
After three years of patiently waiting we still have a solid eight months before the release of J.J. Abrams' still untitled Star Trek sequel. Production has wrapped on the project, which features the return of the cast from the first movie and includes additions like Benedict Cumberbatch (as the central villain), Peter Weller, Alice Eve and Noel Clarke. In true Abrams fashion we still know absolutely nothing about the plot, but if star Zachary Quinto is to be believed it won't leave us wanting.
"It was bigger. It was bolder, I think, than the first one, and that was pretty big and bold from my stand point," Quinto recently told The Wrap at the recent Short Film Festival. Production on the project ended earlier this summer and apparently the actor is just as excited to see it as we are. Quinto will return as Spock in the movie working alongside Chris Pine's Captain Kirk on the deck of the Enterprise as they set out for new adventures on the edge of space. The project is currently going through post-production, preparing to be released on May 17, 2013. While Quinto says that he is excited for the project, he also adds that until the movie is done and he has to go out and tell people to go see it that he puts all of his trust in the hands of J.J. Abrams. "Until we have to go and promote it, then my work remains done and I let J.J. and his incredible team of people get in there and do the work that they need to do now."
Qunito's comments do seem to at least somewhat echo recent statements by Pine, who just a few days ago said the threat that the crew will face in the new movie will be even greater than what was seen in the first movie. When you consider the fact that the first movie had Nero completely destroying Vulcan, I can't wait to see what that entails.
Back to top
FROM THE WEB