Subscribe To Boulder Dash XL Release Date Set For XBLA Updates
I've already subscribed
Kalypso Media and First Star Software have officially set the release date for the extra large remake of the popular Boulder Dash. The revamped, remake features all the dexterity-reliant puzzles that made the original a hit as well as some brand new modes, and it’s all set to arrive on July 13th.
The game has been reinvented for today’s generation of PC gamers and Xbox 360 owners. Many of the classic elements are still intact as players race against time with brand new features such as telescopic arms, speed-up bonuses, heavy boulders, teleporters and a bunch of brand new enemies to dodge, dash past and waste.
Two playable characters are also at the disposal of the player, because two is always better than one, with Rockford and Crystal returning to the fray once more. Unfortunately, no mention of co-op has been mentioned but the game does sport some leaderboard action. So if you’re into competitive score keeping, at least it’s in the game.
Fans of XBLA titles can learn a little bit more about this classic getting some recent retreads in the world of interactive entertainment by visiting the Official Website. And just as a friendly reminder, in case you may have forgotten…Boulder Dash XL is set for release on July 13th for the Xbox Live Arcade (sorry PS3 owners, there’s no loving for you this time with this lovable classic). The release window for Windows based PCs is scheduled for sometime during the late summer.
Features of Boulder Dash-XL include:
• An updated HD look and feel, featuring 720p graphics
• 4 new game modes: ”Puzzle”, “Zen”, Time Challenge” and “Retro” in addition to “Arcade”
• Retro Mode’s 25 new Caves use 3D interpretations of the original bitmap graphics from 1984
• New scoring mechanism adding new excitement and challenges for High Score hunters
• Four beautiful and varied game worlds
• Over 150 all-new Caves to explore while battling monsters and grabbing gems
• Online Ranking Lists / Leaderboards
• Achievements support