If you stopped playing Far Cry 2
's multiplayer because it wasn't realistic enough for you, Ubisoft is giving you a reason to come back. They're set to unveil a new "hardcore" multiplayer mode in a coming patch for the game.
A Ubisoft community developer gave an overview of what to expect from a "hardcore" mode patch on the game's official forums
- A new damage model will be applied with increased damage for all weapons.
- All weapons have been rebalanced on normal mode, and on hardcore mode.
- Enemy names will disappear after the spawning invincibility period is over (A shield is displayed above a player's head for a few second to show that he is invincible).
- A new option will allow you to tweak spawning time (but not spawning rate).
- A new search option will be available in multiplayer to allow you to find games that are playing on hardcore mode.
Sounds a lot like the "hardcore" mode for Call of Duty 4
- not that that's a bad thing. This new mode will be added for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC versions. No release date was mentioned.