gamers have been invited by Sony to test System Update 3.0. Some of the participants in this beta have shared important details about the patch.
System Update 3.0 will make it easier for PS4 owners to share videos. They'll be able to upload clips up to 10 seconds long to Twitter, or broadcast live gameplay through YouTube
. Update 2.0 allowed players to upload saved footage to YouTube
The interface for PS4 will also be updated with Events and Community functions. Events is a centralized hub where you can keep track of all the different PlayStation happenings currently underway. You can join or create Communities to find like-minded PSN
users to chat or play with.
PlayStation gamers recently started a "Better PSN" website
to convince Sony to make much-need improvements to the service. Unfortunately, the most-requested features on that site aren't part of Update 3.0. You still won't be able to change your PSN username, make your account invisible, or protect your account with two-factor authentication. However, because the patch is in beta form right now, Sony could still make some major additions before it's released to the public.
Here are the full change notes for the Update 3.0 beta leaked by Reddit
Main features in version 3.00 beta update
- (Events) has been added to the function items. All events associated with PlayStation are now brought together, enabling you to discover, participate in and watch these events in a centralised area.
(Communities) has been added to (Friends). (Communities) is a feature that enables you to find players who have similar tastes and interests. You can join an existing community or create your own community. You can also play games, join parties or talk about shared interests with members in the community.
- You can now go to (Now Playing) to see what games or parties members of the community are enjoying right now. You can also easily start a game, join a party or send a request to watch a member's gameplay in (Now Playing). You can access (Now Playing) from What's New, (Friends), (Communities), the message screen in (Messages) or Profile.
- The layout of the message screen in (Messages) has been improved. From the message screen, you can now select (Now Playing) or easily start a party. You can also add your favourite groups to [Favourite Groups] in (Friends).
- You can now broadcast your gameplay on YouTube™.
- You can now upload video clips to Twitter (10-second limitation).
Other features in version 3.00 beta
- The layout of (Live from PlayStation) has been improved. In addition to broadcasts, you can now view video clips and screenshots.
- You can now change the speed for automatic text scrolling in (Settings) > [Accessibility] > [Auto-Scroll Speed].
- [Community], [Requests to Watch Gameplay], [Events] and [Current Song] have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications] > [Display Pop-Up Notifications].
- You can now post your comments for activity feeds in What's New.
- You can now enjoy fun conversations with your Friends using (Stickers) in (Messages). (PlayStation®Plus) has been added to the function items. You can now see all of your PlayStation®Plus benefits, such as free monthly games, exclusive discounts, news and more, in one place.
- Accessibility features are now available when playing content from Blu-ray Discs™ or DVDs. Application of these features has also been expanded. You can now restrict the use of games while looking at age level information and rating icons.
- You can now create a sub account for a minor by selecting [New User] in the screen for selecting a user.
You can now adjust settings for Web filtering services from (Settings) > [Parental Controls]. You can use the service to block objectionable websites from being displayed in the Internet Browser. (Additional fees may apply for use of the service.)
What do you think of Update 3.0? Are you happy with its features or do you wish Sony was making more changes? Let us know in the comments below.