EA’s new Simpsons Game looks…well, it looks damn good. We’re not sure if the entire experience will translate, but the Simpsons satire of our beloved gaming community is something that has all the promise of the apex of the Simpsons show. At least, that’s what we’re thinking as we cross our fingers during videos of the game.
But what exactly are you going to do in this game? We’re here to give you the facts, straight from EA. Below you’ll find a fact sheet with details on the Simpsons Game. Co-op play is a nice added bonus, but with a certain game coming out tonight raising that bar we would like to play as the full family. Well, the mobile ones at least. What is missing is a certain little easter egg we would LOVE to have. Konami’s The Simpsons Arcade Game would be a sweet bonus for those of us who remember and love the last good Simpsons game that didn’t feature racing around Springfield. Being from a separate publisher this probably won’t happen, but we can dream. And if that can’t come to pass, maybe an XBOX Live Arcade download is in order.
On to the facts:
- Play Your Favorite Characters – Battle enemies and save Springfield while playing as your favorite dysfunctional TV family; Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and even Maggie Simpson.
- The Real Simpsons – With the actual voice actors from the TV show and movie reprising their roles; characters from The Simpsons Game sound exactly as they should.
- Unique Character Abilities – While The Simpsons family have general abilities that can be used to fight opponents, interact with environments, and finish puzzles; each one has been imbued with special abilities that are unique to their personalities. These abilities grow and change as they progress through the story to battle tougher and tougher enemies in their quest to save Springfield!
- Looks Like The Simpsons – Using innovative 3D into 2D technology, the developers have been able to recreate Springfield and the entire cast of The Simpsons as the most visually authentic Simpsons game to date.
- Featuring Favorite and Original Springfieldeans! – The Simpsons Game features over 100 of your favorite Simpsons
characters from the show along with 50+ new characters that were inspired by the fiction.
- An Original Episodic Adventure – The Simpsons Game features a 100% original script from the writers of the show with 4 distinct acts divided into 16 episodes and over 8,000 lines of dialogue.
- Springfield Hub – The open-world Springfield was designed as a central locale to jump into episodes with iconic locations to visit, characters to be visited and interact with, and hundreds of collectibles to be found.
- Parodies and Satire – With parodies of the video game industry, pop culture and current events, the game has the same gut wrenching hilarity as the show.
- Co-op Play – With two members of The Simpsons family involved in each episode, all episodes can be played cooperatively in addition to being played in single-player mode. Play by yourself and switch between characters to solve the various puzzles or have a friend come over, pick up a controller and drop-in drop-out of any episode they choose.
- Collectibles – Roam throughout the episodes and Springfield itself to discover custom video game clichés, and unique collectibles for each member of The Simpsons family. Collectibles lead to trophies that increase your family’s powers, and can be viewed in your trophy rooms back at home on Evergreen Terrace.
- Time Challenges – Every episode can be replayed, and each unlocks a unique Time Challenge. Use the skills you’ve learned throughout the game to beat target times over 16 individual Time Challenges.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.