Capcom Reveals San Diego Comic Con 2011 Line-Up
If you’re planning on embracing your inner-geekdom at this year’s San Diego Comic Con then you might be pleased to know that Capcom will be attending the convention with a number of their top franchises on display, including the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken.
As stated in the press release…
Capcom will once again be located at booth #4844 which is sure to be a can’t miss hub of activity for fans: playable demos of the upcoming 2011/2012 line-up of games, daily tournaments, signing sessions, and special deals at the Capcom store.There will be panels for Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken with producers Katsuhiro Harada and Yoshinori Ono talking about what makes Tekken and Street Fighter some of the very best fighting games in the history of the rich genre. Although, I might be more inclined to think that Mortal Kombat could potentially go down as being the greatest fighting game series ever…just saying.
In addition to having Street Fighter panels there will also be a Street Fighter Day starting July 21st at the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel Park, Room 6BCF, uber-fans are encouraged to put dignity and self-respect off to the side and dress up like their favorite Street Fighter character. Although, if you’re hot and you’re a female there’s nothing wrong with donning some Cammy and Chun-Li cosplay garb. In fact, I encourage it ;)
Also, all things Resident Evil will be discussed July 22nd in Room 5AB, while all things Marvel Vs Capcom 3 will be handled on July 23rd in Room 25ABC.
The real highlight of Capcom’s appearance at the San Diego Comic Con 2011 would have to be the World of Capcom press event taking place on July 22 5:00-6:00p.m. in Room 25ABC. This special extravaganza will cover all things Capcom, including special access and media for many of Capcom’s upcoming multiplatform titles, such as Asura’s Wrath and the highly anticipated Dragon’s Dogma.
All of this and tons more, including booth activities which you can view below. Need a complete rundown of Capcom’s San Diego Comic Con line-up? Feel free to drop by the Capcom Unity Website for all the details.
• Play the upcoming 2011/2012 line-up of games before they come out in stores! Playable demos include: Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil Revelations, STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN, Asura’s Wrath, Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, and a new title that will be announced shortly before the start of the show.
• Tournaments will be happening in the heart of Capcom’s booth Thursday through Saturday at 11am-12pm and 3-4pm, and Sunday 11-12pm. Signup daily at the Capcom booth from 9-10am.
• Capcom producers and artists will be hosting signing sessions at various times during the show.
• Thursday is “Street Fighter Day” and Friday is “Resident Evil Day.” Fans who attend the show in the respective series’ costumes on the designated days will receive special bonuses at the Capcom store.
• The Capcom store will once again offer special merchandise and limited edition items, in addition to the ever popular Grab Bag filled with awesome Capcom goodies.
• There will also be additional special promotions and giveaways galore, so attendees are encouraged to visit the booth often.
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In
Back to top