Bungie will release Patch 184.108.40.206 for Destiny
on Tuesday. The hotfix makes a lot of balance changes to the game that might not make players too happy.
Since the original loot cave was removed by Bungie
, many players headed to the Rocket Yard to get easy piles of Engrams. However, with Tuesday's patch, Bungie is removing the Fallen from the Rocket Yard altogether. You'll have to find a new place to earn equipment.
The Vault of Glass raid
will be harder to beat once Patch 220.127.116.11
goes live. Players were previously able to cheese the first boss, Templar, by hanging out on a platform and sniping. This won't be a feasible strategy any longer though. The wording of the patch notes suggests players won't be able to reach those sniper perches anymore.
One of the exotic rewards from the Vault of Glass is being changed, too. The Vex Mythoclast is a hybrid weapon with the precision of a scout rifle but the stopping power of a fusion rifle. Players lucky enough to get this weapon have been wrecking their competition in the Crucible
. Bungie is responded with a 34% nerf to the gun's damage. On the bright side, the gun will do more damage with headshots.
Wider balance changes are also planned. Auto rifles will lose both accuracy and damage. The opposite is happening to scout rifles.
Here are the full patch notes for 18.104.22.168
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne
- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
- Auto Rifles
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
- Hand Cannons
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Scout Rifles
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Exotic Weapons
- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Pocket Infinity
- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed
- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
- Raid - Vault of Glass
- Templar Encounter
- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area
- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan