Star Wars: Episode VII May Be Without Harrison Ford For As Many As Eight Weeks
After months of what has seemed like smooth sailing, Star Wars: Episode VII has managed to run into a fairly sizable speedbump. Late last week we reported that Harrison Ford had an accident on set and had been rushed to the hospital. While it looked like everything was going to be fine at first, things changed last night when it was revealed by Ford's son that the actor would require surgery on his ankle. This news assured that the production would be affected by Ford's status in a major way, and now the time frame of the whole situation has been laid out.
UK's The Mirror has gotten word that Harrison Ford's ankle injury could keep him away from the Star Wars: Episode VII set for as many as eight weeks and as few as six. As a result, the film will be forced to move around its shooting schedule and focus more on scenes that don't feature Han Solo. Said the newspaper's source,
"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule."
While things are obviously very hush-hush around the whole Star Wars: Episode VII set, word is that Ford sustained his injury when a hydraulic door in the Millennium Falcon came down on top of him accidentally. Doctors have reportedly cleared him on all other fronts and Ford is expected to leave the hospital soon.
Because we don't know exactly how big Harrison Ford's role is in Star Wars: Episode VII, it's hard to say exactly how bad this whole situation is, but if rumors about the movie are true then it could be seriously bad news. Shortly before the official cast was announced back in April, it was reported that Han Solo is a very heavily-featured character of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga. If this is true, then missing Harrison Ford for as many as eight weeks could be a solid blow to the production. That said, the film is completely stacked with other talented people - including Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie and Max von Sydow - and we can assume that there are more than a few shots of each of them without Ford in frame.
Star Wars: Episode VII is currently filming at Pinewood Studios in England and is on track to be released December 18, 2015.
Subscribe To Topics You're Interested In
Load Other Comments
Back to top