Some owners of the Xbox 360 version of Batman: Arkham City
have had their save files vanish into thin air. Warner Bros. is hoping to tackle the issue and thus they're asking for information from gamers.
"Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue," said community manager Andy Cataldo on the official Arkham forums
. "For those of you who are experiencing this particular issue, it would be invaluable to our QA team's ongoing test efforts if you can contact WB Games Support ([email protected]
) and let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on."
In your email, Warner Bros. wants you to answer the following questions:
- What version of the XBOX 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?
- What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. XBOX 360 hard drive, XBOX 360 memory unit, USB drive)?
- What version of the XBOX 360 system software do you have on your machine?
- Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming XBOX 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City's two title updates?
With this information in hand, WB hopes to narrow down the issue and come up with a solution. The fact that they're still gathering data means that you'll have to wait a bit for the fix.
Disappearing save files are a pretty awful bug - maybe the worst - so hopefully they resolve this soon. Don't let this turn you off on the game, though. It's got plenty of good qualities