Fable 2 Achievements Encourage Cooperation
Fable 2 is due on October 21st for Xbox 360 and Lionhead Studios has just revealed the Achievements list. It's not always interesting to read Achievements but occasionally they shed some light on the game itself. In the case of Fable 2, though, the Achievements show how important cooperative gameplay will be.
Take a look at the list. A huge chunk of the Achievements can be completed just by witnessing your coop partner do the required deed:
- The Pooch Pamperer (5) - Play fetch with your dog, or see another Hero's dog play.
- The Archaeologist (5) - Dig up something the dog has discovered, or see another Hero do so.
- The Dog Trainer (5) - Teach your dog a trick, or see another Hero's dog learn one.
- The Persuader (5) - Convince a villager to give you a present, or see another Hero do so.
- The Show-off (5) - Impress a villager with a perfect expression, or see another Hero do so.
- The Romantic (10) - Take a villager on a perfect date, or tag along to one. Location and expressions are all-important.
- The Spouse (10) - Marry a villager, or attend the wedding of another Hero.
- The Parent (10) - Have a child, or be there for the birth of another Hero's child.
- The Hunter (5) - Kill a sweet, innocent, fluffy bunny rabbit (remember, safety's off!)
- The Gargoyle (25) - Find the gargoyles' legendary treasure.
- The Chicken Kicker (5) - Kick a chicken a good distance, or see one getting kicked.
- The Cliff Diver (5) - Cliff dive 500 feet, or see another Hero do so.
- The Workhorse (10) - A Hero must achieve a high-enough chain while performing a job.
- The Hero of Many Names (5) - Change your Hero's title, or see another Hero change theirs.
- The Teaser (5) - Make bandits respond to expressions with fear, anger, mirth, and confusion... during combat!
- The Property Magnate (10) - A property must be sold for twice the price it was bought for.
- The Rogue (5) - Steal something undetected from a building while there are people nearby, or see another Hero do so.
- The Illustrated Hero (5) - Tattoo every part of your Hero's body, or see another Hero do so.
- The Executioner (10) - Sacrifice ten people in the Temple of Shadows, or see another Hero do so.
- The Gambler (10) - A Hero must win 500 gold at a pub game in one sitting, having tried each game type at least once.
- The Bigamist (10) - Get married a second time, whilst already married, or attend the second wedding of another Hero.
- The Swinger (5) - Take part in a debauched bedroom party with several participants.
- The Pied Piper (10) - Start a party where at least five villagers are dancing, or see another Hero do so.
- The Party Animal (10) - Get five villagers drunk in under three minutes, or see another Hero do so.
- The Menace To Society (5) - Commit an act of public indecency, or see another Hero commit one.
- The Black Knight (10) - Shoot the weapons from a hollow man's hands, blow off his head and then kill him for good!
- The Duellist (10) - String together a full-speed chain attack, or see another Hero do so.
- The Sharpshooter (10) - Hit three enemies with one shot, or see another Hero do so.
- The Archmage (10) - A Hero must kill five human enemies with one spell.
- The Ruler of Albion (100) - Amass a 2.5 million gold real estate empire, or be there when another Hero does.
- The Hoarder (25) - Collect every silver key, or see another Hero do so.
- The Goth (5) - A Hero must dye their hair black, and wear a black outfit and black makeup.
- The Completionist (50) - Get all expressions, pet tricks and abilities, or see another Hero do so.
- The Paragon (15) - Reach 100 per cent good or evil, or see another Hero do so.
- The Extremist (15) - Reach 100% purity or corruption, or see another Hero do so.
- The Celebrity (50) - Reach 50,000 renown, or see another Hero do so.
- The Artisan (10) - Succeed at one job to Level 5, or see another Hero do so.
- The Dollcatcher (10) - Collect all the Hero dolls, or see another Hero collect them.
- The Muse (5) - Inspire the Bard to compose songs celebrating your great deeds.
- The Companions (10) - Perform a perfect co-op expression.
- The Double Threat (10) - Get a co-op combat bonus.
- The Philanthropist (10) - Send a gift to an Xbox LIVE friend, or watch another Hero send one.
- The Whippersnapper (25) - A child Hero must collect five gold pieces.
- The New Hero (50) - The terror of Bower Lake must be defeated.
- The Hero of Strength (100) - Complete The Hero of Strength.
- The Hero of Will (100) - Complete The Hero of Will.
- The Hero of Skill (100) - Complete The Hero of Skill.
- The Sacrifice (25) - A Hero must choose 'The Needs of the Many'.
- The Family (25) - A Hero must choose 'The Needs of The Few'.
- The Egomaniac (25) - A Hero must choose 'The Needs of the One'.
Not completely sure what "The Companions (10) - Perform a perfect co-op expression" means. Farting in unison? It's pretty amazing how many Achievements you could get by piggy-backing on another, better player's game. It's probably the only practical solution for Lionhead - I mean it would discourage people from playing co-op if they had to play the whole game over again solo to get the Achievements.
Anyway, the Achievements really do convey the off-beat tone of the Fable games. I mean how many games let you earn Achievements for kicking chickens, committing acts of public indecency, or taking part "in a debauched bedroom party with several participants"?
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.