Just Cause 3 isn't in stores yet but Avalanche Studios has already finished a major patch for the game. The update fixes a number of performance issues throughout the new action-adventure.
Any open-world game has its fair share of problems. By giving players a lots of things to do and a huge sandbox to do them in, you're begging for technical glitches. The patch notes could probably be several pages long, like the change lists for Witcher 3. Avalanche decided to simply summarize the fixes, though. They simply say that they've fixed "stability/crash" isues along with "various issues with Random Encounters."
There were a few specifics in the patch notes, though. The A.I. for enemies has been improved so they'll fight more effectively. Unexpected cracks and traffic jams throughout the game world have been corrected. "Poorly-tuned" vehicles were fixed by the developers.
Here are the full patch notes, via PCGamesN:
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- The Medician Department of Nature Conservation has pored over every inch of our beautiful island for cracks and removed them
- The Medician Department of Motor Vehicles has taken measures to acquire poorly-tuned vehicles and burn them
- Di Ravello’s Militia has been given a refresher course in combat and spatial awareness as per the General’s recent mandate
- The Medician Department of Infrastructure has made some adjustments to certain roads to prevent traffic jams
- Various stability/crash fixes
- Various camera fixes
- Various Havok destruction optimisations
- Various localisation fixes and updates
- Various worldsim improvements
MISSIONS, CHALLENGES, RANDOM ENCOUNTERS
- Various minor mission bug fixes
- Various minor challenge bug fixes
- Fixed some various issues with Random Encounters
GRAPHICS AND ANIMATION
- Various LoD optimisations
- Various lighting optimisations
- Various animation optimisations
- Various level and EQ adjustments
- Rebels riding along with Rico will now be less rude and not talk over each other
- Fixed a few rare audio distortion issues involving destructible objects with lots of moving parts
In Just Cause 3, Rico Rodriguez is once again trying to overthrow the dictator of an exotic country. While aiding a revolution on the island nation of Medici, he'll have access to a new wingsuit among other equipment. His grappling hook, meanwhile, has been updated so he can tether objects together. Rico can also customize the various vehicles he can steal through the country.
Staff Writer at CinemaBlend.
Your Daily Blend of Entertainment News
Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.