Today the PC and PS3 will receive the second map pack for Modern Warfare 2
. The $15 Resurgence Pack was released for the Xbox 360 in early June.
As of this writing, the Resurgence Pack was available for the PC through Steam
. It should hit PSN here in North America later today, too. If you're a PS3 owner living elsewhere in the world, you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
The Pack adds five new maps to MW2
's multiplayer. Three of them are original while the other two are remakes of arenas from Call of Duty 4
. Here's a brief description of each map:
- “Carnival,” a large abandoned theme park that offers lots of unique vantage points that work well for all game modes. The once vibrant rides now sit idle and neglected as perfect cover points in one of the most original multiplayer locations for Modern Warfare 2.
- “Fuel,” a massive oil refinery with extremely long sightlines great for medium- to long-range firefights. The spacious surroundings offer a great sniper advantage; offices, warehouses, and buildings house objectives and provide opportunity for close-range firefights.
- “Trailer Park,” a medium-sized mobile estate with a maze of tight flank routes and lots of cover. Junk covered yards, deserted trailers, and debris-riddled surroundings offer intense firefights with a wide variety of vantage points and routes available.
- “Strike,” a large urban desert town, excellent for medium-to-large team games. The large monument, connecting streets, and surrounding buildings offer great firefights in Team Deathmatch, and great vantage points for objective team games.
- “Vacant,” a deserted Russian office complex offering a great mixture of interior and exterior combat. Long hallways with minimal cover points offer a fast escape route for potential runners, but high accuracy and fast aiming is required when advancing through this large complex.
Update: It's live on PSN now, too. Enjoy.