It's a holiday but that hasn't stopped Nintendo of America from making its weekly addition to DSiWare, WiiWare, and Virtual Console. This week's batch is led by the Sega Genesis/SNES fighting game Clay Fighter
, which should please our own Rich Knight quite a bit.
- American Popstar: Road to Celebrity (800 DSi Points): "This is your enthralling and interactive success story as a young hopeful in the music milieu. The adventure begins when you get the chance to audition at your Hollywood high school. But the road to celebrity isn't an easy one: Your secret crush is also auditioning, and so is your evil rival. This unique mix of music-themed gaming and social adventure will let you show your talents to the world, take your best photo with the Nintendo DSi system's built-in camera and meet lots of people who may help you build your career. You're about to become the greatest pop star in the world. Talk, share activities and be friendly or unfriendly with numerous characters. Customize your character's name and appearance, and develop skills and personality through your actions. Four musical mini-games include Guitar, Singing, Drums and Dance. Record your voice, take your own photos and sign autographs."
- Photo Clock (200 DSi Points): "Photo Clock allows you to enjoy the photos taken with your Nintendo DSi Camera application in a new way. Watch your images appear on the top screen of your Nintendo DSi system according to your chosen display settings (specific photos or all photos; in order or randomly displayed). Select from either an analog or digital clock, using the system's internal clock or offsetting the time however you like. Program up to three alarms – with snooze functionality for those who need it – and assign them a preset ring or use a sound created in Nintendo DSi Sound. Experience all the enjoyment of a photo album while ensuring you won't lose track of the time."
- BUBBLE BOBBLE Plus! (600 Wii Points): "BUBBLE BOBBLE Plus! is a simple yet exhilarating action game where you control the bubble-blowing dragons Bub and Bob, trapping enemies in bubbles and then popping them. You can play all 100 of the Standard Mode rounds, which faithfully recreate the nostalgic arcade game, or try 100 new Arrange Mode rounds, which allow up to four players to play on stages with exciting new features such as new enemies and stage layouts. There are also Super Mode rounds for you to enjoy. Determine the true ending by solving puzzles hidden on each stage to defeat the final boss. In Ranking Mode, players with broadband Internet access can use the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service to compete with players from around the world. Enjoy an additional 100 rounds and face off against new boss characters by purchasing 'Expert Mode 1' and 'Expert Mode 2' add-on content."
- ADVENTURE ISLAND The Beginning (800 Wii Points): "ADVENTURE ISLAND The Beginning comes to the Wii console with exciting new skills and elements. Learn how to use new skills while exploring Adventure Island from coast to coast. Search for Golden Melons hidden throughout the stages and mini-games. When obtaining Golden Melons, you'll be able to purchase various items to help you on your adventure. These items can increase your attack power or enable you to reach places you couldn't get to before. Fulfill certain requirements while playing in any of the modes to achieve a “Master Higgins Feat” and you'll be awarded a Master Higgins costume."
- Clay Fighter (800 Wii Points): "In this zany 2-D fighter, it's just another day for a humble traveling circus troupe when a meteor crash-lands in their camp. The otherworldly orb, made entirely out of interstellar clay, contaminates all the circus employees, turning them into bizarrely superpowered versions of themselves. Choose from among the unique clay creatures, such as Bonker, the cheerfully manic clown, or Blue Suede Goo, the mild-mannered Elvis impersonator turned violent vocalist. Master their “Claytalities,” like the operatic Helga's deadly high note and Bad Mr. Frosty's fists of snowball fury!"